Follow us Like us
Policies - Guidelines for Library Volunteers
All those who are interested in community service hours at the Palisades Park Public Library should read our requirements for volunteering stated below. As a library volunteer, you'll be helping to provide everyone in our community with life-enriching experiences.
We will be able to accept a maximum of four volunteers at any given time. This is for the best interests of the volunteer(s), so that adequate supervision can be given.
- All volunteers must be approved by the Library director before beginning their hours. Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older
- A maximum of 40 hours per school year and 1-2 hours per day are permitted. Hours of volunteering will be between 4 and 7 pm Monday — Thursday, with a possibility of some Saturdays.
- There is a probation period of 6 hours, during which time your supervisor will determine if it is of mutual best interest to continue volunteering.
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping track of the hours they have worked. They must sign in and out of our volunteer binder.
- Volunteers will receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of hours. We will keep records of volunteer hours for one year after completion of service — we will not give letters of recommendation once the records have been discarded.
- Volunteers must be respectful of their supervisors and the policies of the Library. Failure to do so will result in termination of volunteer privileges. We are delighted to add your service to our own with the best interests of the Library at heart. Please contact the Library Director for volunteer opportunities: Susan Kumar - 201-585-4150 or email: email@example.com